Tuesday 28 June 2011

Welcome

Hi,
my name is Jacopo, I'm attending the master in artificial intelligence and robotics at "Sapienza University of Rome" and I want to give my welcome to this blog to all of you.
My purpose with this blog is to share with you all my future programs. As you seen by the title of the blog my works will be related to the Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 robot.
Since this particular robot can assume a lot of different shapes, for each work I will specify the shape i used for the particular situation.
To program the robot I will not use the software given by Lego, instead I will use Matlab and Simulink to have more liberty to program it. Matlab code can be executed on your computer while communicating with the robot via bluetooth connection. I will use Simulink if I want run the code directly inside the robot without create a communication channel between the computer and the robot itself.
Use matlab and simulink is possible in all three major operative systems: MacOS, Linux and Windows.
To install all you need to use them go here http://www.mindstorms.rwth-aachen.de/trac/wiki/Download, download the last available version and follow the instruction to get matlab and simulink working with the robot.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment